- Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- Release Notes
More than 4 years after the first commit for Cake.Prca, the predecessor of Cake Issues, we're happy to announce that Cake Issues version 1.0.0 has been released. This is a major release bringing a lot of new features across all addins.
This post shows the highlights included in this release. For update instructions skip to Updating from previous versions.
❤ Huge thanks to our community! This release would not have been possible without your support and contributions! ❤
People working on this release:
Support for Cake 1.0
All addins have been updated to support Cake 1.x.
Support for Cake Frosting
All addins can be used with Cake Frosting.
Cake Issues addins have always been self-contained, shipping with all required dependencies, to provide the best user experience. While this approach makes sense for Cake script runners, it makes things more complex than required when running under Cake Frosting. This is especially true for the Cake.Issues.Reporting.Generic addin, which uses Razor engine to generate the reports.
It was therefore decided to release separate versions of the Cake.Issues.Reporting.Generic addin for the different script runners:
- Cake.Issues.Reporting.Generic: The addin packaged in a self-contained NuGet package for use with Cake script runners
- Cake.Frosting.Issues.Reporting.Generic: The addin packaged in a NuGet package containing dependencies for use with Cake Frosting
Cake.Frosting.Issues.Reporting.Generic has the additional benefit for the user that it gives the user full control of what exact version of dependencies should be used. In the future more Cake Issues addins might be released in Frosting specific packages.
Support for arbitrary values in an issue
New provider type property
While there are aliases to get provider type name (e.g. MsBuildIssuesProviderTypeName), this information was in previous versions
not available through the
There is a new
IIssueProvider.ProviderType property which can be used to retrieve the provider type.
A new PDF export has been added to the
HtmlDxDataGrid template of the
Simplified release process
Starting with Cake Issues 1.0.0 the three core addins
Cake.Issues.Reporting will be always released together.
For that source code for the addin has been merged in the Cake.Issues repository.
Please open any issues related to any of the core addins in the Cake.Issues issue tracker.
Updating from previous versions
Cake.Issues 1.0.0 is a breaking release, which means that it probably requires changes to your build script. This section documents the most common changes which might be required:
- Serialization format has been updated to version 4. Older version are still supported for deserialization.
IIssueProviderwas extended with an additional
ProviderTypeproperty. For issue providers inheriting from
BaseIssueProviderno action is required to keep the same behavior as with previous versions, with the type name used as provider type.
Cake.Recipe has not been updated to 1.0 yet.
For details see release notes of the individual addins:
- Cake.Issues 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.MsBuild 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.InspectCode 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.DupFinder 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.GitRepository 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.Markdownlint 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.EsLint 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.DocFx 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.Terraform 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.PullRequests 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.PullRequests.AzureDevOps 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.PullRequests.AppVeyor 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.Reporting 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.Reporting.Generic 1.0.0
- Cake.Issues.Reporting.Sarif 1.0.0